Redefining Child Welfare: The Future Beyond 2015,
21 October 2014, Port Louis, Mauritius
This Experts Meeting is a follow up of the Stakeholders Meeting held in 2010 by Halley Movement. The aim of that meeting was to review the existing situation of child development and protection in Mauritius. The outcomes of the Stakeholders Meeting were the publication of a report on the Future of counselling in Mauritius and the launch of Helpline Mauritius – Free online counselling service. The counselling service is operated by Halley Movement through the web at www.helplinemauritius.org
The Experts Meeting scheduled for October 2014 will analyse and reflect on the situation pertaining to child welfare since the last decades and will pave the way for future actions.
Through a programme of over 10 structured presentations around five core themes; the day will examine trends in child development on a national scale. Presentations will cut open up debate on the issues.
The Core themes will include:
- Youths & Child Welfare Issues-History and emerging partners
- Child development & Protection systems in the Republic
- Internet Safety and web oriented programmes for youngsters
- Parental skills programmes leading to healthy child development
- Intergenerational approach for child welfare in rural & difficult to reach regions
If you are interested to participate please contact Halley Movement. Email us