In view of the new agenda based on the 17 Goals Halley Movement & PAN-Mauritius organised a National Symposium on Sustainable Development Goals – Empowering Mauritius towards the 2030 Agenda on 21st September 2015.
The National event scheduled at Hennessy Park Hotel, Ebene Cybercity. The event started at 1400 hrs.
Plenary Sessions Topics Included
- MDGs to SDGs – The Social Sustainability Aspect
- Presented by: University of Technology, Mauritius
- The connection between MDGs & SDGs
- Presented by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Promoting Citizens towards a better lifestyle
- Presented by: Eastern Volunteers Association
- Seeing Blue: A multi stakeholder perspective on advancing SDGs- SYAH- SIDS
- Presented by: Youth AIMS HUB
- Améliorer et prendre soin de l’environnement
- Presented by: Academy for Integrated and Sustainable Development
- Bringing SDGs to the Mass
- Presented by: Global Shapers Port Louis Hub
- Achieving SDGs – The Role of the Mauritius Oceanography Institute
- Presented by: Mauritius Oceanography Institute
Recommendations Following the Sessions
As the year 2015 is an important year, it is imperative to focus on the objectives for Sustainable Development.
Climate changes, human conflicts, carbon emission, water shortage, were among the issues raised.