Young people in Mauritius simulating COP21
The Road to COP21 – Paris
Climate Change through Inclusion & Accountability
Saturday 21 November, 2015
Rationale of COP21
The 21st Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (“COP21”) will take place in Paris, France in December 2015. This international Conference will be of historic significance where countries will have to come up with a universal and binding agreement to limit climate change to 2°C above pre-industrial times.
- Understanding that renewing the interest and confidence of public opinion will be at stake at COP21 and citizens, civil society, local governments and companies will be called upon to contribute by putting forward solutions and commitments of their own, action 2015/Mauritius will be holding a simulation Conference on 21 November 2015 in Mauritius.
- Logistics will be provided by Halley Movement.
- Young people preparing and organising the simulation
- Produce an action plan
- Constitute different teams.
- Develop the ability to work in a group, with a variety of stakeholders and target audiences.
- The young participants will receive advice and guidance from experts in the field
- Participants will meet regularly at a timeslot jointly decided by them and the experts.